We’re looking for a few heroic individuals to act as fundraisers for Niños Del Sol. Will you help?
Here’s a rough history of our finances to give you a picture of our problem:
$25,000 = our approximate monthly revenue when Mama Kia was alive
$ 8,000 = our approximate monthly revenue from 2012–2014 (funded by a single benefactor)
$ 3,500 = The amount we have coming in now from regular monthly donors.
We’ve cut our budget dramatically, but we simply don’t have enough revenue to keep things going.
What We Need You To Do
We need you to reach out to your family and friends. Tell them the story of your connection with Niños Del Sol. Let them know why you’ve chosen to become part of our Global Family, and ask them if they will commit to even a small monthly donation.
We’re hoping each of our Heros can persuade 10 friends to donate $25 a month, for a total of $250 per campaign. But we’ll be thrilled with whatever support you can bring in!
Step By Step
I have found a brilliant tool to build these campaigns, called Rootfunding. Here’s how it works:
1) Click this link to open our main Rootfunding page and click the “branch” button
2) Fill out your information to create an account
A generic branch page will appear. To personalize your campaign page
3) Click on the words “log in” in the upper right-hand corner.
4) Click on the little “edit” icon (a rectangle) next to your campaign name:
5) Set a goal (for instance, 10 friends donating $25/month each = $250 a month) and write your own text in the box. You can add your own photos, too. Tell the story of your connection to the kids, and explain why you think this is a great charity for your friends to support.
If you’d like to see an example of a personalized campagin, click here to see the one I created for myself.
6) Click on the “Done Editing” button to publish your campaign. This will take you to your new campaign page.
6) Share your campaign on social media and/or by e-mail with your contacts and friends.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get a response right away. Keep sharing every few days:
- Share a story about your time with the Ninos
- Give a reason why you think this is a great charity to support
- Remind your friends and family that they can change someone’s life with just a few dollars
- Thank someone who has signed on as a donor
- Let your friends know how much more you need to reach your goal.
If you have any questions about using the Rootfunding campaign tool, you can call or e-mail Sandy Ungar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-766-8386 Ext 201. She is so helpful and knowledgeable, and really wants to see us succeed!
I have a Facebook group just for fundraisers like you, where I’ll share tips and ideas to make your campaign a success. Join us!
Thank you always for your support and love. We’ve kept these Ninos going so far with nothing but your love and a series of miracles, paired with the hard work and sacrifices of Viviana and Avishai. It’s time to bring some security to these kids!